SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nagler 7mm

I used to use the Nagler Type 6 7mm for planetary (and other) viewing. I liked it a lot. I posted a review a while back comparing it to other mid-power eyepieces:

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-reviews/100531-mid-high-power-eyepieces.html

Particularly useful in dobsonians and other non-driven scopes because objects stay in it's wide field of view longer :)

I used to use the Nagler Type 6 7mm for planetary (and other) viewing. I liked it a lot. I posted a review a while back comparing it to other mid-power eyepieces:

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-reviews/100531-mid-high-power-eyepieces.html

Particularly useful in dobsonians and other non-driven scopes because objects stay in it's wide field of view longer :)

Thank you for the link made for a good read has helped me quite a bit

Having tried a nagler for the first time last night the view was stunning

I tried a Nagler last night for the first time too. At first I thought was it OK, obviously wider fov. Then I did a direct comparison with the SW super that came with the scope. It was like looking at a different star field. Only draw back is it takes twice as long to sketch open clusters and and I want a full set. I daren't look through an Ethos. I also barlowed. I also used a radian for the first time which I 4x barlowed on Saturn. Again, fantastic and I saw details that i had never seen before. I'll post a full observing/first light report.

Archived