• Thursday 5 - 7pm
    • Thursday 7 - 9pm
    • Thursday after 9pm
    • Friday before 5pm
    • Friday 5-7pm
    • Friday 7-9pm
    • Friday after 9pm

Hi Helen,

Do not forget that there are 7 of us arriving Tuesday, do we not get a "big" welcome?, or do we just pick our spot and go from there?

Is there any place on the field you would like us to occupy?

i.e. do not camp by the entrance....etc

Given the latest way of doing things we should establish a No Fly Zone, those arriving late on a clear sky evening should not use their landing lights. Help could be at hand.

On a cloudy evening there should not be a problem.

Cheers

Adrian

PS guess I better leave the helicopter at home.......

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. Adrian, fear not, we do have a welcome plan for those of you arriving on Tuesday - a couple of Mods will be around too, and they'll have your welcome packs :hello2: . I'll also be contacting those of you arriving on Tuesday to let you have details of the areas which we'll be using for 'official' purposes :hello2:

...and I completely agree about landing lights :hello2:

Helen

Hoping to arrive Thursday afternoon around 2 ish.

Amanda will be coming separately as she has to be in Nottingham just before, so a bit of assistance with the tent would be greatly appreciated :hello2:

Rob

Thanks Ian. I could only have 10 options in my poll :hello2: (and it was the busiest days that are likely to be the biggest challenge!)

Look forward to meeting the early birds when I arrive Wednesday :hello2:

Helen

I should be there by lunch time on the Friday. Planning to leave about 10 and it is normally about a 45-50 min run from Glos.

I ticked the share pitch box, since the car won't be staying, but we have had to buy a new tent this weekend and it's a bit bigger than the previous one. Nothing huge, a Vango Icarus 500, but I though to let you know I won't be bringing a little pop-up tent. Still happy to share if we need the space though.

I should be there by lunch time on the Friday. Planning to leave about 10 and it is normally about a 45-50 min run from Glos.

I ticked the share pitch box, since the car won't be staying, but we have had to buy a new tent this weekend and it's a bit bigger than the previous one. Nothing huge, a Vango Icarus 500, but I though to let you know I won't be bringing a little pop-up tent. Still happy to share if we need the space though.

Thanks Rik. We should be fine for space, particularly as now even the non-electric field actually has electric :hello2:

Helen

Its great that most people will be arriving in daylight. It makes it much easier to get people on site and set up, and it means that we won't need to divert lots of mods from doing astronomy to man the Welcome Tent. But be assured, whatever time you arrive, there'll be a welcome :hello2:.

Helen

I'll probably be down around 6-6.30ish on Friday, but I don't think I'm on the list, because I'm with Ian (Astronut). I think he'll be coming down earlier in the day - definitely in daylight hours. I only say that because he probably won't see this thread until this Friday (because of work).

Hi Helen,

Do not forget that there are 7 of us arriving Tuesday, do we not get a "big" welcome?, or do we just pick our spot and go from there?

As Helen has indicated there will be Mods around on Tuesday to welcome you. I live less than 10 minutes from the Lucksall site so I will be there around lunchtime to welcome the 'early birds'.

If you want any information about the local area just ask me although we have produced a welcome sheet in the pack. See you all from Tuesday onwards.

Mark

Sorry, I'll be one of the ones arriving after dark....Can't get away from work early (in London!). Am sharing with 'Jarndyce'. Will do my best to reduce LP - no head lights, red filters for indoor car lights and boot etc.

Stef

Will there be red filter film on sale at SGL6 ? I have looked locally but can't seem to find any.

Also, as I am coming on my own and my car will be packed with gear, if I need to pop to the super market during the day for supplies, is there some sort of informal system of people looking after each others equipment ?

Archived