SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mercury, 18th March 2011.

King

This was a very difficult shot with Mercury getting very low and hiding behind a tree. No matter what I tried there were serious RGB issues to contend with (hence the bit of green). This isn't the only shot I took but it's the most presentable.

This is the first time I've been able to get away with a x2 barlow on Saturn. I think my efforts a size down look nicer but it's still a much nicer result than earlier x2 attempts...

post-24271-133877548042_thumb.jpg

post-24271-133877548094_thumb.jpg

Yes, that was a surprise. I knew Mercury and Jupiter are out there at the moment but I thought Mercury would be too low in the sky for me (as Jupiter now is). I was actually setting up for the Super Moon and just happened to spot Mercury standing out like a sore thumb when I went to check the clear weather coming from the other way. I had to be very quick as it was approaching tree level.

Update: Had a better time with Mercury tonight having planned ahead this time.

post-24271-133877548606_thumb.jpg

Archived