Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

new supatrack 127?

can somebody please help me with this question.

i ordered a skywatcher skymax 127 supatrack auto from flo 2 weeks ago and have just opened the brown external box to find auto tracking telescope printed on the inner box and nothing mentioned about a supatrack.

have i been given the wrong scope by flo?

i don't want to open all the packaging and flo or closed.

cheers dave.:)

Guessing that Auto-Track is what the thing actually does, SupaTrack is the sales names. Someone will have come up with the idea that SupaTrack is a better name for their scope as Auto Track is a term that any manufacturer can use. So it distinguishes it form the others.

Sure I have seen them advertised under either name several times, so much so that I have never really registered the fact that there is 2 names for the same thing.

You may find that the names have become mixed as Celestron and Skywatcher are now both owned by Synta. Just wondering if one uses one name while the other uses the alternative name. Retailers and advertisers could easily mix the two terms up.

hi hunter,ive had a look at the tripod and it is diffrent to the one advertised.it has round tube legs instead of square legs,it also feels light and cheap.

Tubular tripod legs are in the main, sturdier than aluminium ones.

Ron.

:):mad::(:mad::mad:just come to the conclusion i've been given second hand gear.why?

it hasnt come in a supatrack box,mounting had the controller plugged in,the controller looked used,different tripod.

flo had non in stock and there supplier decided to mix and match .

Very angry as i've waited over 2 weeks for this.

will ring FLO first thing monday morning to get to the bottom of this.:p:mad:;):mad:B)

dave hilton.

have just opened the brown external box to find auto tracking telescope printed on the inner box and nothing mentioned about a supatrack

Erm... the SupaTrak is an auto-tracking telescope...

For what it's worth, SupaTrak-style controllers tend to look "used". I think they're made of a fairly soft plastic and don't have peel-off protectors. If anyone's plugged it in to test it prior to dispatch, fingerprints may be on it. These devices don't come from the factory quite as pristine as (say) a new Sony DVR machine. :(

However, I'm a bit baffled as to why you'd be angry about being sent a superior mount :)

If you're going to phone anyone about this, I'd recommend you hold off being in "angry" mode until things are properly investigated, since it might be that Sky-Watcher are now selling the SupaTrak with the upgraded mount. FLOs supplier are the sole UK importers of Sky-Watcher gear, and I sincerely doubt that anyone's pulling a fast one on you.

thanks for the reply bear.your probably correct,i need to cool down and be logical.have got the weekend to decide but will take your possitive comment on board.will contact flo on monday just to inform them what i recieved in the box instead of the supatrack mount,incase it effects my 12 month warrenty.

cheersgreat bear.

dave:)

I didn't get my mak from FLO but it did come with the same tubular design legs that is shown in their image for the Synscan. Also mine also says Autotrak on the box not Supatrak.

I wouldn't be to worried if I was you, just get out there and enjoy it ;-)

Archived