SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Telrad positioning on a SW150P

The Telrad i ordered came through today from RotherValley, very good service.

After searching on here I made up my mind to temporarily mount the telrad next to the finder scope.

Unfortunately this means it is 90deg round the OTA from the focuser, so will try it out in this position to start with.

Has anyone experience with a positioning a Telrad on a 150?

Just been out setting up the Telrad and aligning it, all I can say is if you haven't got one, GET ONE NOW!!

I cannot beleive how easy it is to align the scope so that the object I'm looking for is instantly within the eyepiece at low power, great! :hello2:

Tape it in place and move it around from time to time until you find the "best" place (which, by definition doesn't exist!!). Then fix it - the glue pads on the base are "one time only". PS you can buy a spare base if you have a second scope or put two bases on one scope for a choise of position!

Just been out setting up the Telrad and aligning it, all I can say is if you haven't got one, GET ONE NOW!!

I cannot beleive how easy it is to align the scope so that the object I'm looking for is instantly within the eyepiece at low power, great! :D

Absolutely !!!

Incidently I temporarily fixed my Telrad by wrapping two lengths of masking tape round the base unit, it comes off without leaving a mark.

I finally decided on placing it between the finder bracket and focuser, not sure if this is best but there isn't a lot of options.

Archived