Narrowband

Got Dob what next?

Earl

The usual collection is - RACI, RDF (Telrad or Quikfinder), collimation tool (cheshire or decent laser). May well need a short extension tube for some eyepieces to reach focus.

Red torch, star chart (e.g. S&T's pocket sky atlas) and an ironing chair are all very worthwhile too.

A chair mentioned early would be so useful as well as the addition of a dew shield - I'm not sure how close the secondary is to the rim of the top tube. Given that's its a great scope, wouldn't want your fun brought short by dew or a bad back.:)

Congratulations on the scope by the way and looking forward to a first night report!

Clear skies

James

Well my shopping list is:

Collimation Tool, which one to be decided.

Telrad

A shroud as I do have a little Streetlight glow on the side patio where i will be using this

Now as for these chair / stool, I like Super heavy duty as I am a big lad :)

Haven't seen a red head light torch in the list above. But if you have a street light then .....

I'd also suggest a super dark site (maybe a local astro soc) and a good 2" wide angle ep, plus a quality 5-8mm for planets :hello2:

A trailer for your bicycle to lug it out of town :hello2: Mind you're a bass player so maybe a guitar strap will do.

HA

to be honest its about as big as id like to lug around, when i had Simons 300p it weighed a load, add to that a dob base.. na not as Grab and go as id like.

Archived