SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Oct 23rd Moon Image's

OXO

Well it cleared and the sound of a cat promtly made me look outside so after seeing the clear sky i dashed out and setup the scope,laptop,webcam etc etc for half n hours imaging.

Got some nice looking shots considering the rush lol..

Some are real close up's done with a 10mm ep and other's Prime focus, all done with the Toucam Pro and average 200 frames.

image.jpg

[glow=red,2,300]CYRILLUS[/glow] Shineing Dimension: 100x100Km / 59x59Mi

Height: ?

Height/Wide ratio: Unknown height. Impossible calculation.

and covered in darkness  [glow=red,2,300]THEOPHILUS[/glow] Dimension: 104x104Km / 61x61Mi

Height: 4400m / 13300ft

Height/Wide ratio: 0.044

image.jpg Prob my Fav..  [glow=red,2,300]ARISTOTELES[/glow]Dimension: 90x90Km / 53x53Mi

Height: 3700m / 11200ft

Height/Wide ratio: 0.0425

and  [glow=red,2,300]EUDOXUS[/glow]Dimension: 70x70Km / 41x41Mi

Height: 3350m / 10200ft

Height/Wide ratio: 0.05

image.jpg

image.jpg [glow=red,2,300]Montes Apenninus[/glow]

image.jpg [glow=red,2,300]PTOLEMAEUS[/glow] is the larger of these crater's to the left with [glow=red,2,300]RIMAE ALPHONSUS[/glow] and [glow=red,2,300]ARZACHEL[/glow] completeing the Chain of craters.

image.jpg

May have a couple more later today.

James :)

I am praying for clear skies tonight esp if the steady air of last night is there again makes imaging at high Mag's so much easier. Next time i will try and use the 10mmEP and 2xBarlow like i did with Mars recently could get some really big closeups :shock: :).

Hope you Enjoy looking at them.

• 4 months later...

Hi Jamie,

I was looking through old post's last night around 3.30am and came across this one hehe id forgotten all about these and other images. Mmmmmm Nights were clear back then :lol:.

Thanks

What software are you useing for the nikon Gordon? Have you tried it in RAW mode?

naz

Not yet Naz, bearly got it out of auto mode yet! All these clouds mean i havn't really got to grips with night photography yet. I have a copy of Nikon Capture 4 for use with RAW images, but it's only a 30 day trial. No idea how much it costs, or if there is free software that does the same job.

To be honest, when photographing i prefer to leave the laptop indoors. I tried webcamming and found the laptop got dewed up very fast. Not really good for electronics. I'll stick to long exposures with the remote for now, and move on when i out grow that.

For editing i have photoshop, but personally i prefer corel's photopaint. I find it easier to use.

Gordon, the Nikon software is good, last year it cost about £120, but if you decide that you want to try Raw,, then I suggest you use Phase One's Capture One LE, about £70, and you can down load a trial from their website, ( Phase One)

It's excellent, works with any Dslr that shoots RAW, allows you to adjust exposure / contrast /colour temp / hue etc. Much better than the RAW plugin for PSP9, / Elements. (these just convert the RAW file into a TIFF or JPEG, with no control over anything). It is better to do all your control work in RAW, then convert.

As long as you havent over exposed, then it is capable of rescueing most files. Then you can do all the tidy up work in PSP or Elements/

naz

Archived