Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice

junior

Need some advice on camera attachements.

I have access to a Cannon DSLR (not sure on the model its my parents) would a t-adaptor and t-ring be all i need to support this on my scope for example

Adaptors - FLO 1.25-inch T mount camera adapter

and

Adaptors - T Rings

or would i also need

Adaptors - Baader Microstage Clickstop digital camera adapter

I will also be purchasing the highly recommended book "making every photo count".

Thanks for any advice

As merlin66 says, but also...

...as your camera would be mounted right at the end of your skywatcher, it might be worth checking if it doesn't tip the scope too much or strain the mounting - you can check it by hanging on the end with the strap - some of those DSLR's are pretty heavy!

Shame to spend the money on the adapters only to find out it's all too heavy!

Well astro kit is so expensive and relatively rare, it's best to research all you can.

When I bought my T-adapter and T-ring, not really being a camera buff, I didn't really know what they were, what they were for, had never seem them before apart from on the web......you can feel such a fool asking sometimes. But not here, as everyone is so helpful.

But now I use my Canon on a weekly basis as it's so easy to attach and take pics......those T-adapters sure are worth the money....

Absolutely! That camera is much better than mine! Play with 'bulb' setting and see what you can get.

Check out the Sony Alpha T ring (only £11.22 - Sony Alpha T Ring).

Call up a reputable suppler like the link above, FLO etc., tell them your exact camera model and they'll be able to sort you out a treat.

By the way, I used to work for SONY!

Clear skies...

Archived