Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What Do I buy Next? Help!

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to telescopes.. A few months back I received a 3" newtonian as a gift and have managed to get on with it quite well. So far I have hooked up a webcam and taken some good video of the moon + used registax to get some stills. Not really had chance to look at other stuff yet (too cold to stay out long) What I'm looking for now is a really good scope to goto the next level, I hear all these good makes of scope ie - Meade etc, but I'm on a small budget!

Does the name of the manufacturer make a good scope?

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer?

Also what Mount? I have a altazimuth mount but I want to track objects (to get better video and stills), so looking up mounts I can't seem to find a good answer on a way forward - Motors and Goto seem to be a quite frightening to me and how difficult are EQ mounts? and what power supply do need for the motors?

I'm lover of the outdoors and a camper so would really love to get out this summer under the stars with the right kit..

Maybe I should stick to my 1st scope for the summer and save for a 2nd with a higher budget??

Sorry for so many questions, but any help will do.. Cheers:icon_scratch:

Archived