sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

I've ordered 1 Panoptic 25 and a Nagler 13. Received them today and was surprised with it's caps.

Both came with a transparent plastic cap in the barrel and the upper cap on the Nagler was the black one but without the Televue logo. The Pan had the regular black cap with the Televue logo.

Contacted the dealer (as they were bought new!) in order to get the regular black caps with the TV logo and he says that that's the way they came; even send me a picture of another Pan 24 he has there with the transparent barrel cap.

I've seen that in the second hand market the fact that a TV eyepiece has the original box and caps is valuable and referred in the adds.

Anyone can tell me if this is normal? What would you do in my place?

Thanks for any advice.

Rui

Recent purchased TV Plossl, about 2 weeks, has a black cap at both ends. No logo on the eye end cap but Televue on the barrel end cap.

May have expected them to change if cost came into it but seems odd to drop their name from the plactic as it is advertising even if just in a small way.

Could email TV and ask I suppose.

Each of the TV eyepiece ranges seems to have a slightly different approach to end caps rather strangely.

The Nagler Type 6's (I've owned all but the 11mm) have a black logo-less top cap and a mixture of black bottom caps and semi-transparent ones.

The Ethos range have black 2" top caps with logo on and semi-transparent bottom ones.

I reckon TV are moving to the semi-transparent caps for the bottom caps on all their 1.25" eyepieces.

If you try and buy some new ones with logos on you might be shocked at the price ........... or maybe not, these are Tele Vue after all :)

Have bought 3 tv over the last couple of months 2x radians and 1 nagler all came with transparent bottom caps which too me look odd as it has a black top cap.

Ended up buying some generic black end caps on eBay for a couple of quid they look better now. Well I think so anyway lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Telescope-1-25-plastic-Lens-caps-new-6-Caps-New-price-/250786323826?pt=UK_Telescopes&hash=item3a64079d72

Looks like there isn't a fixed pattern about the Ep's caps.

I have 4 other TV Ep's (Naglers and a Radian) and all those, bought some years ago have black end caps with the logo.

Well, seems like Televue is saving 1 ou 2 miserable cents in each cap. Considering the cost of those eyepieces, that's a wrong commercial practice, IMO.

Good news!:(

The dealer did a first class service: contacted TV and will provide new caps.

Couldn't be faster!:)

Edited by Rui
Good news!:(

The dealer did a first class service: contacted TV and will provide new caps.

Couldn't be faster!:)

That's good news maybe I should get onto telescope house about mine and see if they will do the same

Quote "If you try and buy some new ones with logos on you might be shocked at the price ........... or maybe not, these are Tele Vue after all :) "

Just wondered how much they actually cost and who sells them (official black with logo) in the Uk, or is it that you have to go "direct" to TV in the USA ?

Cheers !

Quote "If you try and buy some new ones with logos on you might be shocked at the price ........... or maybe not, these are Tele Vue after all :hello2: "

Just wondered how much they actually cost and who sells them (official black with logo) in the Uk, or is it that you have to go "direct" to TV in the USA ?

Cheers !

Does anyone have an answer to this ?

I found an email for someone that works for tv and sent an email to them enquiring about getting the bottom caps with the logo

But I haven't had a reply from anyone yet

Would be interested to hear what they say, if they "get back" to you.

Cheers.

Edited by Rautospoon
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Received a 9mm T6 Nagler this morning from Green Witch (outstanding service as usual) and it came with a black cap (without TV logo) at the (larger) "eye end" and a black cap (with TV logo) at the (smaller) "barrel end".

Green Witch confirmed this configuration was "factory fresh - as supplied by TV"

Cheers.