Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cleaning Mak 102

Hi Steve,

Get some Baader Wonder Fluid and Cloth. Sprays on lightly, wipes off easily, no smears etc. Like all Baader products it does what is says on the tin! Most astro stores have it, around £14 for fluid and cloth, lasts for ever.

HTH

Dave

on the subject of cleaning, i have noticed there is a small piece of swarf like material in between the 2 lens of my tal100rs, is it safe to dismantle them to clean with baader fluid of leave well alone

on the subject of cleaning, i have noticed there is a small piece of swarf like material in between the 2 lens of my tal100rs, is it safe to dismantle them to clean with baader fluid of leave well alone

If it's between the lens elements, then I would very definitely leave

it be. I do think that you would regret dismantling, unless you have

access to an optical workshop.

Best regards, Ed.

on the subject of cleaning, i have noticed there is a small piece of swarf like material in between the 2 lens of my tal100rs

Check it's not lens fungus. If it is fungus then you have three options:

a) not touch the lens - the fungus will slowly but surely destroy the lens.

:) Clean it, accepting that there may already be a bit of damage:

b.1) seek professional help to clean the lens and realign. (best option but expensive and nigh on impossible to find someone)

b.2) DIY it and the align yourself (it will take considerable time to get right, and may never be the same).

As others have stated - there is a significant risk in terms of alignment.

For me - this weekend will see me DIY it. The lense is the rear corrector and only one lens will require removal. (the rear is a doublet cell of a convex and a concave - it's the concave that will be removed).

Archived