Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone ever been bitten by out whilst stargazing ?

Stargazing_Cliff

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't been bitten but a little fox did come over and investigate what I was doing in the back garden at 3am. He/she came within about 10 feet and sat down and stared for about five minutes then wandered back off into the night. No food here.

Avon skin so soft will keep the midgies at bay

Hear all sorts of rustling at night im sure its the pine marten which comes out for jam sandwiches during the day but approach the neighbours shed at night and you can hear a growling coming from it :)

Avon skin so soft will keep the midgies at bay

Hear all sorts of rustling at night im sure its the pine marten which comes out for jam sandwiches during the day but approach the neighbours shed at night and you can hear a growling coming from it :)

My Dad lives in the Highlands and has seen Pine martens around his place.

Nasty, nasty little critters if cornered apparantly.

Ants...they are my nemesis!!! little so and so's even follow me back in the house!....once while i was on the roadside up on moors i did get investigated by a horse ...which i can say nealry emptied my bowels upon eyesight...i never heard a thing and was concentrating through the binoculars, only to hear a loud nose blow sound in my ear and 2 huge nostrils checking out my lenses!.

I once got bitten on the gluteus maximus whilst star gazing last summer; something must have crawled up my shorts. I was wearing my g-string at the time. The bite swelled up so much it was uncomfortable sitting down for a few days..

I once got bitten on the gluteus maximus whilst star gazing last summer; something must have crawled up my shorts. I was wearing my g-string at the time. The bite swelled up so much it was uncomfortable sitting down for a few days..

I'm sure I just heard the thud of 1000 amateur astronomers simultaneously falling backwards off their swivel chairs... :)

... but approach the neighbours shed at night and you can hear a growling coming from it :)

And she said, there's something in the woodshed

and I can hear it breathing...

it's such an eerie feeling, darling.

And he said... ouch. (cutting a long story short).

there's virtually nothing (barring an anaphylactic shock) that can harm you seriously in the UK if it bites/stings you. Adder is probably the only one if you exclude standing on a bee/wasp nest and a mass attack.

spider bite is very unlikely but some do. could have been any number of things really - fly, wasp, bee, shield bug (heteroptera) but hard to say really.

hope you feel better soon whatever it was!

Archived