SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My version of the ISS over London, 04/03/11

Here is my 2p contribution of the ISS passing over London the 4 March. I was very lucky as the sky was very clear!

Be gentle as it was my very first night sky shot! I basically took my cheap D40 and cheap 18-55, a cheap tripod and a remote and give it a shot!

The image is a composite of 26 frames (different exposures) stacked with Starmax, realigned and post-processed in Photoshop. I can't give you the details of the post processing as I did not do it myself (I am still learning!)

post-25375-133877546887_thumb.jpg

Smashing shot Celine - not only is the ISS track is very clear, but you get a real sense of the light pollution in London - as well as a nice backdrop of parliament.

My favourite London backdrop is The City from the O2 at N.Greenwich :)

I don't think this pic could be much more perfect. perfect exposure lenght for brightness, low noise (probably due to low iso usage?), and good focuse for both landscape and sky... even colour balance seems very good.

Simply amasing! :hello2:

I don't think this pic could be much more perfect. perfect exposure lenght for brightness, low noise (probably due to low iso usage?), and good focuse for both landscape and sky... even colour balance seems very good.

Simply amasing! :D

I am so blushing now!

Details of the pictures were 18mm, f/5.6, iso200 (well spotted!), 1' expo for the House of Parliament, 2' for each of the ISS pictures

As I am happily taking credit for the shots, I am not responsible for the post-processing. I passed it over to one of my friend who happens to be a professional astrophotographer/journalist...

I should definitely try to learn how he does that!

Archived