Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New street lighting

russ

I know this thread is a bit old, but have anyone been able to take example pics of these bright white lamps with commin light pollution filters to see how effective they are?

They have installed a strong white light right outside of my house as well recently, and i'm struggeling to see even stars in that direction. I've just sendt a complaint about it, and requested to at least dim it, shield it, or turn it off after midnight due to it lighting up our bedroom at night. If i said teh reason was because i couldn't see any stars in that directions i think it wouldn't really have helped, so... :p

It's too high up for me to get to with a ladder though, so i can't shield it or dim it with plastic film myself, so i hope they will do something about this soon. But in worst case, i'm very curious how LP filters work on these white lights.

I've mainly thought about the CLS CCD clip filter, but now with these lights, i wonder if narrowband filters are the only useful option?

I'm not sure it's LED though, but it sure is very bright white.

Here are some pics of the old lamp, and the new lamp.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=56768

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=56767

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been inspired by this thread and, according to my wife, being a fully paid up grumpy old man I lodged a complaint on the Cheshire West & Cheshire Council website - worth a try!

Today when I got home I had a phone message to say they had reviewed the light, agreed it was spilling light onto my property and had ordered a shield to be fitted & that it would be completed in 5 working days.

Not bad for a council as that is 48 hours from complaint to resolution.

Chris

Archived