Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi all

I've found a couple of threads on Petzl for the following product:

Petzl TAC Tikka Plus (4LEDs) Headtorch Black E49P: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

However, I've also been looking at this one, which looks like a newer model and also slightly cheaper:

Petzl Headlamp TIKKA PLUS ² green: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

I just wondered if anyone has used the above and would reccommend it?

I haven't use the 4LED one, but the Tikka Plus 2 is a great head lamp. Light, compact and the strap is comfortable. The Tikka+2 has 1 white LED (2 levels plus flash) and one red LED (1 level plus flash). I use white light when I need a light to look for stuff and red for astronomy. The +2's white LED is better quality and mounted in a reflector. It should be a better than the 4LED version in terms of throw. The red LED uses less power, so it should be more efficient than the 4LED which relied on red filter.

I keep my Tikka+2 in my coat pocket and carry it everywhere. There is also a ziptika version which uses a retractable strap for even greater portability.

Highly recommended.

Thanks for the feedback e621keith. The company in general seem to have good products and feedback. I've decided to go for the squared simply because it was slightly cheaper & I also thought it looked kinda cool! Once I've tried it out I'll let you know what I think.

I got round to trying out the Petzl Headlamp TIKKA PLUS ² green: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools last night and am very pleased with my purchase. It's very comfortable to wear and also the angle of the torch can be moved for example if I want to read something it can be pointed downwards etc. The white LED is very strong and bright, which is great for setting up or if you hear a scary noise in the dark and just have to have a check! The red LED is excellent. It's dull, so hardly affects night vision, but still very easy to read and change eyepieces.

Highly reccommended.

Archived