SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A very quick M51

peter shah

Very nice Peter. Looking really good. That scope sure is a photon Hoover......

I also think I have cracked the AG8 collimation now and the spacer I required to get the chip distance tight arrived today so fingers crossed for my own first light - I may also choose m51.......

Hi Peter,

Great result for such short exposure. Aperture of 3ish rules...

I've never seen any details of your processing routine. As you always have superb processing, could you please share few tips?

Thanks

Jerry

Hello Jerry. The general flow of process in most of my images use Ron Wodaski's standard curve method in photoshop. I process curves with different strengths and layer them, depending on whats in the frame. On this shot of m51 i made a separate layer for the core of the galaxy and applied wavelet sharpening to tighten up detail. I also made a pseudo luminance layer out of the RGB data so i could give the colour layer some noise reduction without damaging the detail. thats it.

Oh yeah...No darks applied just flats and bias frames and hot pixel removal average combined. hope this helps

Hi Peter

Just had to say how great this Image is, was at my club last night and images was passed round of M51 and we thought it was good but your one is great, thanks for sharing

Doug

Essex

Archived