Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from hull

amcf

Hi everyone newbee here just starting out in astronomy got myself a 6" dobsonian telescope with celestron omni eyepiece's had a good look at the moon just staring out with easy stuff it look really clear might need some filter's. Also waiting for the 4th edition of turn left at orion to come out spring 2011 so they say.

Andrew

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a good start Andrew so welcome, you can ask at beginners section about filters and eyepieces and get lots of useful info to get the most from your new scope.

JohnH.

Hi Andre and welcome to the forum.

The date now is likely to be August for TLAO although the current reprint does contain up to revised tables if the above date is too far away to wait! Althought the new edition does have a section for dobsonian users I believe.

Clear skies

James

Hi Andrew and welcome. Like you I'm just starting out and with all the cloud we have had I've not had much chance to see the moon yet.

Keep an eye out for Jupiter and Saturn. You are just in time to catch jupiter before it's orbit disappears behind the sun, look west just after sun set and you may catch jupiter and mercury close to each other. Also around the 3rd of april it will be best time to see Saturn at opposition. It rises in the east at about 9pm ish and is in the south about 1am.

Archived