SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lunar images sunday night13th Skymax 127 mak

bigal1

Hi all thought i'd post a few new lunar images i got from sunday night 13th march . I used a Skywatcher Skymax 127 mak scope and a Canon 1000D camera at prime focus plus a 2x barlow for the closer shots , all are just single pictures .

Regards Alan

Moon413-03-201150.jpg

post-18835-133877545331_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877545345_thumb.jpg

Great shots Al, how do you get the focus so sharp?

I'm going to have my first attempt with my Canon 400d soon.

Could you tell me what settings you used please ?

For lunar images i set the camera to P mode and have the iso set to auto , i then move the exposure box on the live view screen to a nice crater then zoom in 5x or even 10x sometimes to adjust focus till its spot on but without live view i guess a bahtinov mask might be best way to focus . Seeing conditions also make a huge diference in picture sharpness , some nights my images are no where near as sharp as this recent image ( sunday night was quite good in Manchester ) and the only other thing i do to improve sharpness is add a little unsharp mask in the post processing ,

Regards Alan

Thanks Alan. Live view must make all the difference and take the triak and error out.

I think Bahtinov's only work with stars. I'll have a play with the Canon software I think you can use it to display what the camera is looking at on to a laptop.

Archived