SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD Calibration

Glad you have sorted your problem out, I wish mine had been that simple, I checked everything out and could not get to the bottom of it.

In answer to your question:

Do you mean that if my weights are facing towards East they should be heavier and if the weights face westwards then lighter?

That's correct as I understand it. Apparently it helps with the backlash. Perhaps some-one more technical could explain it.

Carole

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im wondering if its a problem with the latest versions of PHD because up to recently I never had a problem calibrating then all of a sudden I had this DEC calibration problem. I believe it IS a backlash problem because I solved it partly by changing the balance to tube heavy, it still takes longer than it used to.

Same problem for me... any solution... Ive checked the balance, calibrates in the E/W then clears the lash...and this error appears.. it worked for 2 years then ... :)

post-15416-133877612061_thumb.jpg

Archived