Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello From Stoke

nexus21

I've been sitting on the fence here in Stoke on Trent for the last few weeks now, picking up hints etc. So thought I would now say hello.

I purchased my scope Celestron 127 SLT about 4 weeks ago (yes it's my fault, sorry for the cloudy nights :o). Spent ages looking, started at £50 then £80 then pushed it to £360 (shh mrs is still in shock). 1pm one Saturday raced upto Manchester to catch the shop before it closed. Purchased it that fast she didn't see how much I spent. (till I got home. hehehehe).

I've always been into astronomy ever since mid 80's when I won a painting competition and received a singed copy of a book about Halley's comet signed and presented by the late Paul Doherty. That a inspired me to get some 10x50 bins and look for halley's comet.

Many years passed and now decided to do it properly and get a branded scope.

Andrew

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum.

Astronomy isn't cheap but is great value for money so I'm glad your budget was flexible enough for you to really enjoy yourself - you (& wife) won't regret it.

Clear skies

James

Archived