SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M81/82/UGC5336 HaLRGB

ollypenrice

The famous duo plus little pal. I want some Flux in this but that will have to wait for next month. This has 8 hours Lum, 3X105 mins binned colour and 3 Hrs Ha. Just over 16 hours seems an awful lot, somehow.

Oh well, it ain't over yet. I have tried to keep this natural since my galaxies mostly look over processed, I think.

Tec 140 on EM200, Atik 4000 mono. I would have had more Ha but the guiding was poor on Dec. Turned out the TEC had slid down the tube rings a bit and was well out of balance. Oooops.

Olly

1213684521_9XMon-XL.jpg

1213684532_ihRnp-XL.jpg

1213684557_kwJXX-L.jpg

Lovely image Olly, really beautiful.

Is there more of the characteristic 'splatter' from the core of M82 in the data? You often see it in images, but I am not sure whether it is H-alpha or not.

old_eyes

I was expecting more myself. It is predominantly Ha so I think all that has happened here is that the luminance is too strong for the Ha at the moment. I will just get more Ha and see what that gives.

Olly

The flux is starting to show Olly. Looking really good. It so happens that I had a clear sky last night with a fair bit of moon so decided to collect some Ha for this pair using my MN190 - 11x20mins so thought I'd add it into the mix. A bit rough and ready on the jpegs of course.

post-12794-133877545999_thumb.jpg

post-12794-133877546006_thumb.jpg

post-12794-133877546011_thumb.jpg

The flux is starting to show Olly. Looking really good. It so happens that I had a clear sky last night with a fair bit of moon so decided to collect some Ha for this pair using my MN190 - 11x20mins so thought I'd add it into the mix. A bit rough and ready on the jpegs of course.

Thanks Martin, that's great. Clearly my own Ha wasn't strong enough to show over the Luminance so I will certainly give this image a lot more exposure.

Olly

Archived