Narrowband

2nd BIG moon with refractor ED120

luis

Holy!

That's the best full disc moonphoto I've ever seen... & taken with a pretty simple setup, no huge apartures or 100s of frames stacked. My initial reaction was "how's that even possible?!"

I might not be a veteran in lunar photography, but I've given it a couple of shots using my 190mm Mak-Newt, Eos 40D + 1.4 teleconverter, & yours are wayy sharper than the results I was able to produce... Not quite sure I belive in this aparture/resolution stuff anymore after seeing this :o

What scope is it (brand) ?

Fantastic image, thanks for posting

Thanks for all the coments!!!

Aparently, the IR/UV, doesn´t make the big difference, but is apropriate to use on planets.

I used a 2x barlow to get bigger moon, because 900mm is not much, and with 2x, I get 1800mm.

And the BAADER IR/UV 1.25" was screwed in the barlow.

To get much light and steady photo, in spite of the turbulence at the time (note the turbulence in Piccolomini crater and turbulence near Tycho), I used a motorized mount CG5 and took 1/15 sec, and iso 100 in jpeg.

Regards,

Luis Beja

Holy!

That's the best full disc moonphoto I've ever seen... & taken with a pretty simple setup, no huge apartures or 100s of frames stacked. My initial reaction was "how's that even possible?!"

I might not be a veteran in lunar photography, but I've given it a couple of shots using my 190mm Mak-Newt, Eos 40D + 1.4 teleconverter, & yours are wayy sharper than the results I was able to produce... Not quite sure I belive in this aparture/resolution stuff anymore after seeing this :o

What scope is it (brand) ?

Thanks,

The brand is skywatcher.

I prefer refractors because no need for colimation.

Regards,Luis

This is amazing Luis, all the more amazing for it being just ywo JPEGs.

I love the purity of just taking pictures, no stacking etc.

My next project is a 4 shot mosaic via the dslr, and if I could see the moon from behind the cloud I would go out now.

Archived