SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

help with cannon 300d

Hi to all and a hope you can help me with the cannon 300 d,well last night thought a would try it on the 12" dobson fixed the t ring and 2" adapter put it on the dodsonointed her at the moon and nothing ,no focus what so ever i tried it even with a 1.25 adapter nothingwould not focus one bit a tried for hourstried all diferent setting on the 300d and nothing panicking a got the 90mm goto out just to be sure the camera was not broke pointed at moon and no probs worked fine so again swapped to the the 2" adapter and put back in the dob.and it would just not focus one bit on the moon now one of two things either the 12

' dobson is no good for this method ,or am doing some thing wrong because it works fine on the 90mm gotoa will include a couple a pics a took the out of focus ones are the 12" dob and the other was with the meade(the botom one) so any help would be welcome thanks every one

pat

Hmmm

I'd say the camera can't get close to the prime focus.

It needs to move further into the light path.

You need either a low profile focuser or maybe even to move the main mirror up the tube 30mm or so.

This is allows ( well most times!) the backfocus of the body (55mm) to be accommodated.

i had similar problem with my explorer 200PDS. http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-help/123067-cant-reach-focus-explorer-200-pds-canon-550d.html

Turned out it was that i forgot the 2" spacer between. if you have an extention tube, ahve you tried to take it on/off to see?

mate i can not beleave a forgot this some one mailed me as well the day befor have just ordered a crawford focuser as well doh but the up side os the old rack and pinion will bite the dust now and a have a excuse to the lady of the house she was more gutted than me. but shssssss lets keep that quite ,thanks pat

has now sorted the problem outpic below thanks every one who helped a just need to get to no the workings of the camera from a complete novice with normal point and shoot background ,to this type of camera its not easy tonight a will read the manual a did get about 200 pics last night of the moon a 2" moon filter would help have not tried any thing else dso wise we will have to take about 20 x20 secs and see how they stack cheers pat

Archived