Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging tip for 30/40D owners.

Having sorted your imaging times and properly alligned all your guiding gear, after bringing the camera to exact focus, taken your darks and flats and set the whle package in motion, make good and blumming sure you have disabled Cfn 13 "Allow shooting without card".

There's 4 hours of clear sky down the toilet!:(

That's the first CF function to disable on any camera :( It does have it's uses when shooting tethered but 99% of the time it should be disabled.

You won't be the first and certainly won't be the last to do it and I include myself in that list !

make good and blumming sure you have disabled Cfn 13 "Allow shooting without card".

There's 4 hours of clear sky down the toilet!

Ho hum ... there's always another mistake to make ...

I can't believe the idiocy of some of the people that design software. The only valid reason for this particular feature being present is for demonstration in shops, where there is a tendency for flash cards to mysteriously teleport themselves into the pockets of people posing as potential purchasers.

Archived