Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants_winners.thumb.jpg.a13d54fa405efa94ed30e7abd590ee55.jpg

stolenfeather

With Eyes ANEW!

Sunday, March 6th / 2011

My eyes were not strong enough to make out any Messier objects when I went outside with my telescope but this didn't bother me very much. I was simply ecstatic that I could see how beautiful the moon was that night. There will be other times to chase galaxies, nebula, and star clusters. Sometimes, one has to relish with the simplest, with eyes anew.

I love the first picture I captured with the

earthshine!

First picture taken "as is".

Second picture altered by RegiStax

IMG-1353.JPG?et=FWct1nVkV%2BmUULgt3zBwMw&nmid=62987202moon2.jpg?et=nIvA9c687Y9RnMhyIgRVVg&nmid=62987202

Isabelle

Well, it wasn't for long but a glimpse was worth 1000 moments! Soon, I will be able to handle more! Let's just hope the skies cooperate!,... :(

Well, it wasn't for long but a glimpse was worth 1000 moments! Soon, I will be able to handle more! Let's just hope the skies cooperate!,... :)

:Dmust have been a real treat! even if only for a short spell, bit like having weeks and weeks of nothing but cloud and rain......and then :( all it takes!

Edited by Nexus 6

Hang in there! A short jaunt outside is fun, and gives hope for better things to come. After weeks of horrible clouds I was recently treated to a few perfect nights for DSO hunting. I bagged 16 new Messiers 3 new Caldwells and 8 or 9 new other NGCs in just two nights, besides visiting a dozen old friends in the sky.

You're too kind Alan. My pictures don't compare to any of the ones I've seen on here but,.. they're still mine. The clouds have dispersed in my region tonight so I think I will try again. Maybe I will be lucky and see some auroras!

Isabelle