Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CSSP registration now open!

I am still clinging to the faint hope that some of you may take seriously the idea of going to a star party in North America. The Cherry Springs Star Party http://www.cherrysprings.org/ near Coudersport Pa., is a well attended star party (about 400 registrants the last couple of years,) which will be held from May 17 to 20. The skies are mag 6, and some swear they are mag 7. The weather has been a little chancy, but I've had one good night at each of the star parties I've attended.

There are lectures and slide shows, chances to meet professionals in various associated fields, and good deals on new and used astro equipment. The event is well-run, and very friendly. The cost of attending the event is US$37 per person, with reductions for families.

Think about it. You could tie this into a week or two holiday in the US. I'll be there.

Archived