Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Collimation help needed

I have just collimated my 130EQ after spotting the mirror,and believe you me the difference is very significant.get that mirror out and do the busines!familiarity with the construction of your scope will bring confidence.Rest the OTA on an cushion on a table,and give the mirror something soft to drop onto if you tremble too much!It really is worth the effort-you will see the dot so clearly and understand which bit is your primarywhen you look through the cheshire.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks dave i'm a bit more confident after reading your post.i have asked the misses to pic me up some ring reinforcement things on her way home did you color them yourself ? i have asked her to look for some black ones .

what did you use for the template ? as i'm not sure where to get the one in the tutorial

i am thinking of cutting out a piece of paper the size of the primary folding in half then half again should give me the center and go from there

hopefully the last daunting task

thanks again star

[edit] just looked at the tutorial again they can be downloaded (now to find transparent paper) did you wash your mirror or just spot it

I just used a piece of paper and drew round the mirror cut it out and folded it in half and half again then snipped the corner off and when opened back out the hole was in the middle, marked the center on mirror with a felt tip pen and placed the ring ontop

Archived