Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vixen 150 ED Atlux Rare scope pics

PaulC-I

Hi Folks,

Having collected this on new years day, this year (Thread started in the heads up section) I have only just got the scope back together after some mods to it. Over two months on, and only a couple of casual peeks (Weather!!) I'm now hoping to finally get to evaluate this this beautiful scope.

I turned an adapter to take an Astro-Physics 2.7" focuser and flocked the upper and lower tube/baffles & dew shield.

Increased the length of an existing brass counterweight sliding system.

Have attached some pics for your interest.

Hope to post a review soon

Paul

post-14003-133877542707_thumb.jpg

post-14003-133877542713_thumb.jpg

post-14003-133877542718_thumb.jpg

post-14003-133877542726_thumb.jpg

post-14003-133877542734_thumb.jpg

Fantastic Paul :)

It's so nice to see some pics of that scope at last :p

Nice mount too - it's a Bray isn't it ?. Can I ask what the OTA weighs please ?.

Really looking forward to 1st light reports on this one :)

Thanks John,

I did weigh up everything a while back and tye figure was nearing 40lb by the time I had the Baader Giant Mkv binoviewer and XW's on it.

Probably will check it again tomorrow. Using it on an EQ6 with 3x 11.5 lb weights

Yes that is a Bray mount. I could fix a couple of seats to it and charge for fair ground rides! It really is a tough lump. I've had a temporary wooden beam scope 7 1/4" F15! on it weighing 50lbs with a nice smooth action.

Thanks to all for your positive coments. Will get a report together soon plus some images courtesy of a mate with some imaging gear.

Cheers

Paul

Fantastic Paul :(

It's so nice to see some pics of that scope at last :)

Nice mount too - it's a Bray isn't it ?. Can I ask what the OTA weighs please ?.

Really looking forward to 1st light reports on this one :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived