SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

GPS Addition To My Set Up

Hi All,

On my first day out last Friday I realised that I did not know the co ordinates. Others had GPS built in so no problem for them. As it was only a few miles from home, we decided to leave it set up as if still at home.

Would be very greatful if you could advise what GPS bit of kit I need to add to my set up below.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Ben, thanks for that. I wonder if you could use this when doing astro photography.

Hi Kai, yes I did think about that as well. I guess if I look long enough on my Blackberry I might find how to do it!

Regards

Chris

Hi Ben, thanks for that. I wonder if you could use this when doing astro photography.

Not really - it talks to the mount briefly at startup to set Lat/Long and local time, and that's it. Makes GOTO somewhat more accurate (assuming you're well polar-aligned, have minimal tube non-orthogonality and have done a good 3-star alignment) but doesn't affect tracking in any way

Archived