Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade 4000 Eyepieces

Just so you know. The 6.4mm 4000 is a little gem, one of the best EP's I ever owned. Was awesome in the 6" Newt I had.

Shows how these things can vary, I bought a 6.4mm 4000 new when they 1st came out in the 1980's (made in Japan then) - it was not good - the field stop was all fuzzy, so I returned it and had another - same problem. Eventually I got half my money back and a Meade 3000 6.7mm which was much better. When they are good I think Meade 4000's are great but I think they had QA issues in the early days.

John

the 40mm was lousy in my 8" sct, the central obstruction showed up rather too well.

To be fair any 40mm would have done the same on that scope :D

It is a feature of fast Newts and long f/l eps. My 32 mm ep begins to show the central obstruction with my f/5 Newt. With my older f/8 Newt, it wasn't an issue. And with my f/9.5 frac, it doesn't show up at all. Uh, wait a minute...! :insects1:

Archived