Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

heq5 pro Sun menu ?

hi all,

is there a Sun menu in the hand controller settings on the heq5 pro somewhere that allows the mount to slew to the Sun, was a real pain today trying to get the scope pointing at it manually. i used to have a celestron cg5 gt mount as this would slew to the Sun and worked a treat.

any help please,

thanks

For safety reasons, I don't think so.....(if there is I haven't found it yet!)

Just make a solar filter cover for your finder with a piece of Baader solar film, then you can use that.

I also have a small 18mm aluminium tube about 150mm long; the end towards the Sun covered with a piece of gaffa tape and a pinhole ( well, about 1-2mm diameter!) in the middle. At the rear end it's covered with a piece of masking tape marked with a cross ( fine tipped pen)

When this is fixed onto the top of the tube rings it acts as a great solar finder.....

No, Synta is aggressively anti-sun pointing. You can always slew to the RA/DEC if you know it; they haven't put in a knowledge of the sun for any active avoidance, but you'll need your own wits to find the sun with Synta tools.

Archived