Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not so good Whirlpool

AndyM

Had to get up early this morning - not out of choice - one of the kids kicked me out of bed. :p Took the scope out and had a look at saturn for a while, tried a photo but quickly decided that my DSLR/Newt combination isn't going to work for planets. I knew this anyway but that didn't stop me trying. :blob8:

image.jpg

:oops:

Then turned my attention to the Plough and found the Whirlpool galaxy.

Now come the excuses:

Time was against me - it was getting light

Tracking was against me - my own fault for setting up in a hurry

I was tired - kids fault :p

Weather was against me - a huge bank of cloud was rolling in from the West

So here's the result

image.jpg

I know its nothing special but I was really pleased to have found it let alone get the image. :D

Andy.

Hi Andy ,thats what its all ablout mate , getting out there and feel the joy when you find that image , remember that well , so the elements were against you , but you got that image , first step of the way , nice image Andy , now thats the bench mark to improve , , remember , dont rush , take your time , it will all come right in the end

well done

Rog

...and heres me thinking I was good at making excuses :p

Its not easy imaging with a DSLR, as I'm finding out! The main thing is you found the target, and you captured it! I bet your as pleased as punch really.. :D

Caz

Archived