Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Third and final attempt at the Rosette Nebula

Dave Smith

Well at least this year. In spite of the problems I have with my images recently I think this has come out reasonbly although I had to crop the offending dark line (see http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-image-processing-help-techniques/133217-processing-help-rosette-please.html)

It is 34 x 5 min subs giving a total exposure time of 2h50m + darks and flats, through my C80ED and modded 40D.

I think I have the colour better this time :) unless of course you tell me otherwise. Further advice still welcome although I won't attempt this again this year. There are other targets. The dark band problem (see above link) is still to be solved.

Edit: The dark band was cropped from this image.

Rosette0001.jpg

Dave

Why has nobody told me that the above image is pixelated and lousy colours? I didn't notice when posting but it was caused by me making an error in my web software which stretch a small jpg to a larger size and hence the pixelation. When I looked at the image on a full size screen I was horrified that I had posted such a horrible image.

Hopefully the following image is better. Please let me know if you think otherwise, thank you.

rosette0003.jpg

Dave

Archived