Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello all

smithysmith

Just a quick message to introduce myself, im Smithy from Oxford. Ive been dabbling with astronomy since last october using some binos and google skymap on my phone to find a few things in the sky.

Ive recently taken the plunge and purchased my first scope from ebay. An 80mm celestron refractor on eq mount. Im hoping to get some good views of the moons craters and hopefully see saturns rings and jupiters moons for the first time.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Smithy and welcome to the forum.

Saturn is getting better and better from now onwards and the Moon is starting its phases so you have timed it well to observe these two but Jupiter is now past its best - still worth a look but viewing through so much atmosphere being now low in the sky will make viewing any detail very difficult.

Clear skies for that new scope!

James

hi smithyand welcome to sgl and the lounge, sturn ,jupiter and the moon explored will be a night to rember saturn is rising earlier every day now(some nights a was up till about midnight froze) but is a great sight so is jupiter and the moon ,the moon when viewed for the first time is a truue wonder and am still not done with my crater count or photos it

chee pat

Archived