Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn at last!!!

urbanfox

Hi All,

as a newbie to all this I am currently using a cheap jessops reflector while I save some money and do some research on my first proper scope purcahse.

well the last three nights have been clear so I have been trying to get a look at saturn. I thought I had found it last night but was unimpressed when looking at it through the scope. After reading a bit on here and looking at the centre pages of sky at night magazine I think I was looking at spica??

so I tried again last night using what i now thought was spica as a guide I managed to spot another starlike object in what looked like the right position. I put the scope on this object, looked through the 20mm eyepiece and WOW!!!!! I couldn't beleive it, the view was amazing I could make out the rings! I put a 2x barlow on and managed to get a bit more detail out of it.

Words cannot describe how amazing the view was, it also made me feel a bit silly that the night before I had spent about 1/2 an hour looking at a star thinking it was saturn!!!

I even got my wife out of bed to come and have a look and she couldn't beleive it.

I am now looking forward to getting a better quality scope.

thanks to everyone for all the advice on here it is invaluable

Archived