Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Hi All,

So far have been taking images with canon 500d in jpeg format, then realised I should be using RAW icon_rolleyes.gif , so tonight captured 2 hours worth of data, but don't have a clue what to do next, tried batch converting through Canon digital photo professional, and saving as TIFF, but then could not open in Maxim or Registar, what am I doing wrong, probably something stupid, but hey ho we've all got to learn, it just seems to be taking me longer than most !!!!,

Thanks in advance

Trudie

You could just stack the raws in a programs thats written to work with DSLR images - DeepSkyStacker... Cant maxim handle DSLR images... it might be a cae that teh version of maxim your using doesnt know how to handle the 500D's raw's .... is there an update? Its quite common for older programs not to be able to hnadle the raw files from newer programs...

I will have to look what DPP is doing with the tiffs there are several options in whats saved in Tiff files - some programs have issues opening the more "complex" ones...

Another option is to look at using the Adobe DNG convertor (free)

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows

Billy...

Edited by Psychobilly