SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SATURN 08/03

oldfruit

Finally had the chance to try the 3x Televue barlow tonight and am quite pleased with the results. Seeing was not great, all taken with Tv 3x barlow and SPC900.

I beleive that Titan can be seen in the top right of the images.

post-20855-133877542078_thumb.jpg

post-20855-133877542082_thumb.jpg

post-20855-133877542086_thumb.jpg

Storm coming through and showing a bit of shape, keep going as seeing will improve I am sure.

John.

Thanks, i`m sure the seeing will get better, just need to make sure i am out when it does.:)

Here is one more from the same session. All a bit rushed as i wanted to get some sleep before work this morning. All being well, more to follow.

post-20855-13387754209_thumb.jpg

Thats brighter and shows the storm with detail a little better, perhaps you could go longer fl?

John.

Just experimenting really at the moment. As i said in the first post i was trying out a Televue barlow i bought recently. I will be looking at increasing the focal length and adjusting the capture settings etc as i am sure i should be able to acheive better results with the set up i am using, though i am quite happy with these at the moment.:)

I use the TVx3 for lunar and it will work at 5x with extensions and gives excellent results.

John.

I had read about an extension being used but have yet to try it myself. I have another old barlow that i don`t use. Do you think if i removed the lense i would be able to use that as an extension? ( I don`t ever use it so if i did happen to damage it then no probs.)

Would using an extension increase the magnification much?

...Would using an extension increase the magnification much?

I regularly used an extension to my old 3x Televue Barlow, and the results are excellent. I used the tube off an old Skywatcher barlow (with the lens removed) and it increased the mag to about 4.5. I subsequenly sold my televue Barlow to pay for a 5x Powermate, but really regretted it as the Powermate isn't substantially better, and I lost the flexibility of a lower-power barlow. A review of my experience of the different barlows is here. Basically, I feel the 3x Televue is an excellent piece of kit, and good value.

I regularly used an extension to my old 3x Televue Barlow, and the results are excellent. I used the tube off an old Skywatcher barlow (with the lens removed) and it increased the mag to about 4.5. I subsequenly sold my televue Barlow to pay for a 5x Powermate, but really regretted it as the Powermate isn't substantially better, and I lost the flexibility of a lower-power barlow. A review of my experience of the different barlows is here. Basically, I feel the 3x Televue is an excellent piece of kit, and good value.

Luke, it was reading your post about your trials with different barlows that prompted me to buy the Televue in the first place to be honest. Thanks for reminding me as that was where i had read about extensions.

I have an old Skywatcher barlow so from what you have said looks like i might be on the right track. Thanks.

This is the TV barlow power increase chart as a guide, the old Balow as an extension sounds great so give it a try - 10cm from sensor is the limit.

Regards, John.

post-15219-13387754217_thumb.jpg

Archived