Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st Image of Orion

tibbs1972

Thanks,

Looking forward to closeups, when I get a T-ring and telescope T piece.

I treated myself to a Cannon EOS 1000D with a 18-55mm lens with the following settings.

set manual focus

aperture set to f5.6

ISO set to 800

30s exposure.

There is a lot of street lighing on my road. That accounts for the orange glow, but I think its quite effective against the tree line in this case. Took the shot from my Bedroom window.

Pretty pleased for a first image.

Hi Tibbs

hope you dont mind, but i managed to get rid of the light pollution in your pic, by using pixinsight. hope you like.

cheers

bob:icon_salut:

Hi bob,

Looks much better, thanks for your effort.

The second shot was taken from my sisters house, where there is less light pollution and was a clearer night.

I don't have any issues with anybody cleaning up images.

Thanks again.

Took the second shot before I got my scope T adapters by leaning on a wall. Hope for better images now I've got all the adapters for the scope.

I've managed to hook up to my laptop now with a 5M cable, so in the future, the focus should be much better.

I've also had a play with Registax, so I should be able to clear up images in the future with a bit of time an effort.

I Need to spend time finding the best exposure time and ISO connected directly to the scope using the Prime Focus method.

I did manage to get a clear shot of Betelgeuse the other night playing around, which I put on my blog, so the future now looks promising.

As usual, waiting for a clear night to get some better shots.

Hi Tibbs

My tips are to use a cable release....you can get them quite cheaply, and to use RAW images. Also, try to download 'deep sky stacker' on to your pc. Also, you might find this thread inspirational:

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/134118-orion-nebula-5-second-exposures.html

hope this all helps

cheers

bob

Hi Tibbs

My tips are to use a cable release....you can get them quite cheaply, and to use RAW images. Also, try to download 'deep sky stacker' on to your pc. Also, you might find this thread inspirational:

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/134118-orion-nebula-5-second-exposures.html

hope this all helps

cheers

bob

Thanks for the tips, and the link, that should help when I have another go.

Also, I can now operate the camera remotely using Live View from my laptop so I think I should get rid of most vibrations now.

Archived