Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Urgent Help Needed

I have a problem that is baffling me.

I have an ST102 mounted on a HEQ5 (Std)

I am currently aligning the Polarscope with the OTA. The problem I have is this: I have set eveything up but when I look through the eye piece to focus on a distant object I find the image is upside down. That's normal you might say, but - I have a diagonal fitted. My image should be upright. I can't understand this and I don't know how to fix it.

Tonight is going to be a clear and frosty one and I am desperate to use my scope something I haven't done since I boought both the OTA and mount (secondhand thro the forum).

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks

Dante

Hi Dante. With a refractor and a standard diagonal, the image should be right way

up, but reversed left to right.

Only thing I can think of, is if you rotate the diagonal in the focuser, the image

orientation will rotate as well.

Don't know if this helps, Ed.

Hi

Thanks for the responses.

the angle of diagonal is 90deg.

I have rotted the OTA but the everything is wrong with that - on thge wrong side.

To compound things I have now lost the adjustment to the reticule, and don't know to into the polariscope to set it again.

Think I'll commiot Hari Kiri.

Archived