SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Alternative power source

Can someone please point me to a cheaper power source for my goto scope ,the skywatcher one is way too expensive and i have read that maplins do one cheaper but i cant find it anwhere

Hi Wozza.

Maplin link here Home & Car : In Car : In-Car Battery Chargers and Compressors : Maplin Electronics

Halfords also do some here Halfords 1/3 Off Power Packs

Various prices, you dont need a compressor, (for a scope anyway!) just the 12 'Cigar lighter' output. Some also have an inverter, some have a standard 3 pin mains socket too...might be handy.

Edit : For speeling!

Thanks a lot Supermassive i have ordered one from maplins ,can't wait for it to arrive as i saw my first moon craters tonight and then the batteries went .I suppose that is one drawback of having a goto mount .

Thanks a lot Supermassive i have ordered one from maplins ,can't wait for it to arrive as i saw my first moon craters tonight and then the batteries went .I suppose that is one drawback of having a goto mount .

Glad that helped. I only have an old pair of binos at the moment, trying to take my time on that first scope purchase.

I think I'd also be a bit miffed if I lost power in the middle of my first crater experience!

Archived