Narrowband

Was I ripped off?

Well to put it in perspective I sold my immaculate 130PM which was the parabolius mirror version with the motor drive and all the eyepieces and a working red dot and it was all immaculate for £90. I think you overpaid by a bit for the older non parabolic versiona nd its one of the reasons I always advie people to buy new when they are are newbies because there are so many lemons out there.

I'm not suggeting yours is a lemon (its a good scope if a bit steep secondhand) but there are is some real trash.

The old 'I dont know much about astro' is, in my opnion, often used by shysters to defelect blame later. I see no end of rubbish on ebay being sold 'on behalf of my mate but I dont know anything' for it to ever ring true.

The people who dont know a athing are often, assuming they are genuine, the worst possible sellers who will either not have looked after the gear or have a wildly inflated idea of its value iie I paid £3,000 for it 10 years ago so am asking £2,000 - well I happen to have paid £1600 for a Sony Trinitron TV set 20 years ago - so on that baisis I'd happily sell it for £1,200 - but scopes are like anything else - they are mostly techno toys and like techno toys they go out of date with the exception of a few classics. Lots of ignorant sellers seem unaware of that and on flabay with an endless supply of people who dont so any price reserach beforehand I cant say I blame the seller for taking advantage.

Its not all gllok tyhough - the scope you have should perform ok and you will get some use from it so its not a total disaster.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brainstorm,

You must have beat me to replying to that advert, I did too as it seemed to be a bargain for what was advertised.

*update* Just had reply from the seller saying scope now sold...... so I dare say he is contactable if you want to try.

Archived