Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

700th episode of the Sky at Night

Si W

I might have an old mono M16 image on tonights show, I will be stoked to be contributing a very small way to the 700th show if it is used.:)

Mike.

Edited by MikeD

they still havent put this on iplayer!!! poop to them!

i missed it and reaaaally wany to watch it grrrrr come on bbc it normally only takes an hour after the show to get it uploaded!?!?!?!!!

rant over. glad it was a good one and cannot wait to see it, was a bit dissapointed with wonders to be honest.... i did like his description of the laws of entropy though! :)

is Brian Cox on these very forums? a lot of things lead me to believe it...

can you tell i am new here?! sky at night still not on iplayer..... boo i am looking forward to the wonders series i really enjoyed the solar system series, off to a slow start maybe?

I enjoyed the complete silence after the question about "how does gravity bend light when photons have no mass?". Made me laugh out loud. I for one realy enjoyed the programme.

Well done "Sky at Night"

At the risk of being hunted down by people with pitch forks, I found a lot of the program quite painful. The continual sucking up to PM, particularly from Jon Calshaw. I was expecting a much more detailed look at past episodes. Did like how Brian Cox kept chipping in with questions to the experts though.

Cannot help but feel this would have been an ideal episode for PM to take his bow.

I enjoyed the complete silence after the question about "how does gravity bend light when photons have no mass?". Made me laugh out loud. I for one realy enjoyed the programme.

Well done "Sky at Night"

That was the best question, really made me sit up. I have a thought for that one but I think it deserves another thread, just posted the question in the science forum.

Edited by nightvision

Brian Cox raised an interesting question re. "Hot Jupiters" being the rule, rather than the exception... Planetary migration(?) is something that interests me too. Despite his [now] limitations, SPM did keep the "debate" moving along, from time to time... :)

i think its time for patrick to stand down and give it to cox as hes looking really ill, he looked really washed out even with the makeup on

No way he may be old and immobile but he's still switched on.

At the risk of being hunted down by people with pitch forks, I found a lot of the program quite painful. The continual sucking up to PM, particularly from Jon Calshaw. I was expecting a much more detailed look at past episodes. Did like how Brian Cox kept chipping in with questions to the experts though.

Cannot help but feel this would have been an ideal episode for PM to take his bow.

I concur. I found it painful too. ...and people were moaning that 'Wonders' was poor science tv, lol.

Jon Calshaw was pointless and irritating.

The best part of the show was SPM's dry but razor sharp wit. Every now and then he would throw in a one liner or just a couple of words. I was laughing so much.

I thought he looked really fit and healthy for a guy his age. I wasnt sure if it was make-up or did he have a really good tan.

Loved the insight into his observation logs.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher