SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

HEQ5 First Light-Rosette test

msinclairinork

:p:D 8 min subs!!!!!!!!!! :(:D

and thats why they say you get what you pay for I think!?

First time ever guiding and first time using my new mount...and it all just worked!..PHD was a case of pressing the few buttons on the main screen. Cartes du ciel all linked up easily with EQASCOM and so did my xbox controler via a wireless usb reciever.

Used EQASCOM for the polar alignment which was cool, and did a one star alignement on betelgeuse and told the mount to slew to the rosette....boom it was thier!

I LOVE THIS MOUNT!!! such a difference from the manual CG5!

So this was always just going to be a testing night and since the clouds rolled in once I got guiding etc I only managed 4 x 8min subs and no darks.

Just a quick process and minimal streatching...not the same streatching you have to do with 60sec subs ;)

Can't wait to have a real go with this now that I am all set up and ready for some serious sub'ing! :D

chuffed! :)

Thanks for reading.

Michael

post-19381-133877541063_thumb.jpg

Nice one Michael. I had a pop at this on Friday but for some reason cant seem to pull anything out of it (and thats with 60mins of subs!!!) You did good and should be chuffed!!!!!

Hi Michael, Thats a nice image and what a great feeling when " the plan comes together ".

The HEQ5 mounts are the bizzo and when coupled to eqmod it is

great fun.

And then when you add in those dark skies you guys get in Cork your on a winner.

Rgds

John

Good job! Looks like you nailed the guiding 1st time too, there's no stopping you now :) What ISO did you use to shoot the rosette? Can't wait to try shooting it myself, still haven't tried, it's pretty low on my Swedish sky, & soon the nights will be too bright for astrophotography... :/

I'm thinking about trying EQASCOM, what interface/cable are you using & where did you get the USB reciever for the XBOX handcontrol?

/Jonas

Really good to see the results from a HEQ5! Just got myself the pro version of the mount and currently waiting for all the 'bits n bobs' I need to getting a guiding and DSLR set up together!

Your picture has made me really excited now :)

Ste.

Good job! Looks like you nailed the guiding 1st time too, there's no stopping you now :) What ISO did you use to shoot the rosette? Can't wait to try shooting it myself, still haven't tried, it's pretty low on my Swedish sky, & soon the nights will be too bright for astrophotography... :/

I'm thinking about trying EQASCOM, what interface/cable are you using & where did you get the USB reciever for the XBOX handcontrol?

/Jonas

Thanks for your comment :p

I shot it in ISO800 but I think now with the longer exposures I might get away with ISO400 next time?...Will give it a go and see.

I got the xbox reciever off ebay for £10 new and original. Plenty thier.

Michael

Archived