740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

possible auroura display

oldfruit

Hi, without wanting to sound daft:D. Can anyone else confirm or discount that there has been a aurora display this evening. I am based in Boston Lincs. The possible display was in the west to north west direction. The sky had a greenish tint to in that direction and the coloured portion of sky appeared to move slowly over time and change shape.

As i said, i am probably being daft but thought i would ask.

Hi, without wanting to sound daft:D. Can anyone else confirm or discount that there has been a aurora display this evening. I am based in Boston Lincs. The possible display was in the west to north west direction. The sky had a greenish tint to in that direction and the coloured portion of sky appeared to move slowly over time and change shape.

As i said, i am probably being daft but thought i would ask.

I'm glad you mentioned this.

This evening around about the time of sunset (just after maybe) i was looking out my front window towards the W/NW. I could have sworn that the sky in that direction had a very distinctive green hue to it and i thought to myself "that couldnt possibly be aurora activity".

It was a hazy sunset with thin cloud, but with a distinct green tinge.