SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Anyone see the ISS tonight?

SBGemini

yep - I saw it too.

Was looking on Stellarium about 20 mins before and noticed it was going to be visible - even texted a friend to tell him.

we both saw it through binoculars - from our location it passed right by the belt of orion.

it does make you feel like a kid again!

now waiting to see if the clear sky holds for a viewing of saturn!

Yep me and the missus saw it too. It had been on the local news earlier with the times. I opened the front door, looked up and it was passing over. I grabbed the bins quickly and had a look but I couldn't make much out. I bet it would have looked great through the bins on a tripod.

Depends where you are. I'm in Eastbourne and I'll get to see it first at about 23:00ish (due to houses etc...!!!). If you look on Stellarium and input your own location it will show you exactly when and where it will turn up.

My Wife and I were lucky enough to see the ISS tonight, it's the first time I've seen in and was astonished at how bright it was. So excited I feel like a kid!

Anyone else managed to see / image it?

About 19:35 passing west to east, pretty much through Orion's belt? I was just aligning the scope and I wondered if it was the ISS. It was so bright I thought it was a 'plane but not flashing lights and no noise!

How do people manage to image it when it's moving that quickly!?

Got a decent view from here around 19:15 the sky was poor with only the major stars on show, it does look amazing and I am always surprised by the luminosity too, seems to vanish almost as if its being transported somewere :)

It was great yesters, I was the middle of gutting some trout when I had an overwhelming urge to check the sky. Low and behold, it was zooming across in all is glory right at the zenith!

I know how to find it on heavens above, but what about stellarium?

just seen it for the first time passing between the moon and jupiter, seemed to be glowing orange, guess it was the suns reflection.

i was amazed you could see it with the naked eye when you know where to look.

Me the wife and Kids have just watched it fly over our back garden in Leeds, as a total newbie its the first time i have seen it and as the OP states i feel like a kid!!!

I used stellarium and Skywatcher on iphone to locate it, cant wait to get my scope!!

Jay :)

I did the same- got the whole family out to watch it go over. It was good to see it just narrowly squeeze past the new moon. Seeing a transit would have been reallly cool. There was a definite orange glow as it passed by the moon and Jupiter, but it was a distinct yellow by the time it passed just below Rigel.

It was special to know that Discovery was docked there and about to head for home for the final time.

Archived