Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2'' Eyepiece Advise

Damo636

Hi everyone. I recently bought myself an Antares Self Centering Adaptor for my 8'' Dob. It's a worthwhile upgrade as it does away with fumbling with screws in the dark and very easy to use. Here's my dilemma! I sold my only 2'' EP, a 30mm Revelation (GSO) Superview and replaced it with a 1''.25 GSO 32mm Plossl so as not to have to remove the Antares adaptor from the focuser. I regret selling the 2'' now as the standard Plossl although nice and sharp just lacks the wow factor of the larger EP when observing galaxies and clusters. My question is, would a Panaview 32mm be much of step up in quality from the Revelation Superview? I have read positive reviews on here about this EP and just looking for confirmation that its worth the £35-40ish extra over the Revelation EP.

Cheers

Damo

In short, I think the Panaview would be a modest improvement over the Revelation Superview. Whether "modest" is worth the extra cost I think is a question that onlyou you can answer.

The Aero ED 30mm or 35mm would be a further step up again but with further cost implications of course, unless you can get a 2nd hand one.

Archived