Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn 2.3.11 127mm Mak n SPC

AztecastroMcJ

Slightly better conditions than my 1st effort earlier in week, but still disapointing, 6-7/10 at best

sharp focus was impossible esp using full gain and x3 Tal Barlow,

got about 10avi's of which only 2 were usable rest were very blurry and out of focus.

Annoyingly it was the 1st and 3rd captures aswell that were best, so i could have packed up and called it a night much earlier than i did,

which was eventually around 4am, with scope and myself having sat through the frost for few hrs, while most sane people were tucked up in there warm bed lol

More Details see 1st pic

1st pic images @65% size

2nd pic images @ 100% capture size

Craterlet>Vdub>Castrator>Reg5.1>Gimp 2

10fps

Gain 100, Sat 60-80, Brightness 50-60, Gamma 0

Not great result, Saturn is difficult to capture and also to process,

i'm not to happy with these, so reduced size to get some added sharpness and increased brightness and contrast,

def overdone contrast on 100% versions so maybe try redo those at some point

think with better conditions and captures the processing will be easier aswell,

just need some better conditions

comments, advice and questions welcome

James

post-16858-133877540349_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877540355_thumb.jpg

Really Great! You've also answered a post I made a week ago by posting these!

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-planetary/132025-possible-image-cassini-division-127mm-mak.html

I only capture the video (Sharpcap) and then Reg5.1. How important are the other steps?

Also do you have any advice on fucussing? Because the slightest touch of the focussing knob on my MAK127 shakes the image so badly that I can't tell if the image is in focus while adjusting focus.. if you know what I mean!

thx again for all comments and feedback :)

just annoying when u know seeing isn't as good as it could be,

got spoiled last year on few nights with excellent seeing,

with Jupiter in particular, but also had better nights with Saturn aswell,

hopefully get few this year aswell :p

thx again James

Really Great! You've also answered a post I made a week ago by posting these!

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-planetary/132025-possible-image-cassini-division-127mm-mak.html

I only capture the video (Sharpcap) and then Reg5.1. How important are the other steps?

Also do you have any advice on fucussing? Because the slightest touch of the focussing knob on my MAK127 shakes the image so badly that I can't tell if the image is in focus while adjusting focus.. if you know what I mean!

hey buster almost all my avi's are now vdub'd and castrated before registax, makes everything easier for registax aswell,

i would say it is wellworth the extra 5-10m processing time

vdub = remove any frames that are bad or drift off sensor normally 100 or so frames for most of my avi's

castrator = easy everthing is automatic here, align's planet in centre, great for registax

focussing is difficult, even viewing at high mag is tricky to get sharp focus,

try pick out some detail like Saturns Rings and get them as sharp as u think possible,

go in and out of focus a few times to check u have best focus, mount does take while to settle which makes it difficult,

i found good seeing makes focussing easier aswell, some nights just fuzzy blurry mess lol

HTH

James

Archived