Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sir PM's birthday!

lukebl

Don't forget.

It's Patrick Moore's birthday on 4th March. I shall be raising a glass to him tomorrow to thank him for enthusing me in my youth 35 years ago.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's to the big man. Thank you for all you gave to me in my formative years.

Thank you for your passion, your enthusiasm and your belief in the human spirit and it's never ending search for answers.

Here's to many more Sir Patrick.

Don't forget.

It's Patrick Moore's birthday on 4th March. I shall be raising a glass to him tomorrow to thank him for enthusing me in my youth 35 years ago.

We'll all be raising a glass to Sir Patrick for the inspiration he has been to us all :)

I first watched him on TV 33 years ago....where did that time go?

Anyway, Happy Birthday Sir PM :p

Many happy Returns Sir Patrick.. keep doing what you do as we all love it so. It even looks like your birthday will be blessed with a clear sky here in the south tonight.

My best to you

Rob

Happy Birthday to Sir Patrick Moore and may you have many more to come. Whilst Sir Patrick takes little credit for his success on The Sky at Night, i very much doubt it would have inspired so many and lasted so long had it been presented by anyone else.:)

Happy birthday Sir Patrick! A scholar and a gentleman who not only inspired thousands in the field of Astronomy but helped get past the final level of Mario Bros whilst in his Gamesmaster incarnation :)

Just an off the cuff comment about Patrick Moore. A guy i know who is a good friend of Sky At Night and has appeared on the show a few times informs me that Patrick really does not like to be referred to as "Sir".

That's FINE. He doesnt go for "pomp and ceremony".................

BUT

credit where credit is due.

SPM's name will STILL be as widely spoken in a couple of hundred yrs amongst astronomers as Mr. Messier's name is today.

Oops missed the great mans birthday, oh well i'll raise a couple of large bacardi's in honour of him tonght. Belated birthday greetings Patrick (unfortunately not that he's likely to see or be told our greetings, its the thought that counts)

Happy Birthday to Sir Patrick Moore and may you have many more to come. Whilst Sir Patrick takes little credit for his success on The Sky at Night, i very much doubt it would have inspired so many and lasted so long had it been presented by anyone else.:)

Absolutely!

It's the 700th show this month, and Sir Patrick has presented 699 of them (as he says in this months SaN magazine). That's an incredible record, and is surely unrivalled throughout the world!

The list of Great Britons should include Sir Patrick alongside Winston Churchill and Isambard Kingdom Brunell.

Archived