Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Light pollution how do you cope ?

I see quite a lot of members are town or city based and i was wondering how you get on with light pollution? do any of you use your back gardens or do you have to take all your gear somewhere nice and dark ?

Im thinking i could probably use my garden as we are out in the sticks ,my garden is about 100 ft long so quite far from the house and the houses behind me are another 150ft away so i 'm thinking not a lot of light pollution and i would be more inclined to use the scope if i don't have to lug it half way round the world

Any thoughts

Hi Wozza, I use my 'scope at my girlfriends farm just outside of the town i live in. there is light pollution on the horizon all around the view from other towns/cities but the worst 'orange sky' i get is looking towards my town where there is a 24 hour building merchant not far from the farm.

I've bought a Light Pollution filter from FLO today so Im excited to try that out. Basically how I cope is aim away from my town haha. Unfortunetly objects I want to look at the minute are above my town :)

Paul''

Hello Wozza

I have bad pollution where I live. I have only just ordered my scope yesterday along with a sky watcher light pollution filter from FLO LPF @ £20

I saw this thread and this is what prompted me to buy it,

look here

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-reviews/71126-skywatcher-lpr-filter-vs-baader-neodymium-filter.html

Martin at FLO told me that the filter will make a visable difference.

Hope it helps.

I only do DSO viewing if the sky is dark enough to see the Milky Way clearly with the naked eye. My back garden has naked eye limit 4.5, so I drive about 40 minutes to a site where it's 6. Streetlights in my area are high-pressure sodium so can't be filtered.

Archived