Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first go at deepsky imaging

blue

hi all

this is my first go at deepsky imaging, i was using ed80 pro on a heq5 pro mount, with a meade dsi camera.

ive attach part of the double cluster and m76 i used deepsky stacker for stacking.

as i said im new to all this, so any advice would be very welcome :p

clear skies

blue :D

post-13133-133877325862_thumb.jpg

hi martinb

yeh im really pleased with the kit :p i think m76 was 35 x 10 second & double cluster was 20 x 5 seconds, both stacked in deepsky stacker, i'll have to keep a log of my images.

clear skies

blue :D

It seems to be working for you Blue. Does your software let you zoom in before you capture? The focus on these imaging things is very very critical so it's best to zoom in as much as possible. The big stars could also be down to seeing conditions or an artifact from the dsi camera, which I'm not familiar with.

I think K3CCD tools now does the dsi, so that migt help - it has multiple zoom levels and keeps a log file of the exposure times.

Looking good mate, looking good.

Captain Chaos

That looks good Blue. You got a difficult planetary there. I think it is probably imagination, but the star that is responsible for this neb, which is about mag. 16.

It is smack in the middle of the bar, and there seems to be a brightness in the centre. Nah. it can't be.

The thing that pleases me most, is you're using a DSI, a piece of kit I have myself, and not had a chance to use yet.

Good on ya Blue.

nice one martin, how do you do that? :D

It's all part of the dark arts of photoshop Blue. The imprortant point is that it has only uncovered a bit more of what you have captured. there's some nice star colour there.

Archived